Friday, October 6, 2023

The Friday Link for 10/6/23

Howdy all! 

This week we start off with a true American hero, General Mark Milley.  Thanks to him (and a few others) we still have a functioning Democracy.  When the bloated traitor that is Donald Trump took office, I made a few posts where I pointed out I could never see the military sacrificing this country for one egotistical narcissistic man.  I was right.  As the General says, the military serves the Constitution, not any one individual. Although Trump CLEARLY pressured to military to support him over the country, General Milley and the rest of the armed forces did not waiver. 

Thank you for all you did for our country, sir.  I salute you.  And General, if anyone does come after you, they'll have to go through me, and a heck of a lot of us too! God bless you! Go Army! 


Also tonight is John Oliver and the return of Last Week Tonight.

I wasn't planning on posting this video, as it seemed kind of contrived to post his segment from the week his show returned from the Writer's Strike, and it was a pretty heavy topic, the failure of prison medical care. 

But then we had the story emerge this week of a case in Minnesota where a man serving a sentence for vehicle and alcohol violations was so mistreated by the prison healthcare system the man lost portions of both of his arms (Story here: https://www.startribune.com/12-2-million-settlement-for-man-who-lost-limbs-after-deliberate-indifference-by-scott-county-jail/600309852/).  Once again John Oliver takes what seems like a fringe issue and shows us the ugly truth; it's happening everywhere.

I've had multiple fake Christian Rightos insist the guy got what he deserved and how we should stop concerning ourselves with this case and instead free the poor January 6th insurrectionists.  First off, no. Second, you are truly heartless, making me wonder if indeed you are digressing into a lesser form of human. Shame on you.  


I got vaccinated for both the COVID virus and for the flu on Thursday! 

Get your shots scheduled as soon as possible.

Have a great weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).