Friday, October 27, 2023

The Friday Link for 10/27/23

I hope everyone has a nice Halloween on Tuesday and a lot of fun this weekend.

I remember the first time someone sent a VHS tape of an episode of the first Comedy Channel's season of Mystery Science Theater 3000. Compared to how polished the show would become it still seemed somewhat amateurish, but Robot Holocaust was so funny. 

I didn't see much of the show in Germany, and it was only when I returned to MSP in 1992 did I finally see an episode on the now-branded Comedy Central, realizing it had become a cultural phenomenon. Long-time readers of Progressive Citizen X know I love the show.

But I have not seen too many of the original KTMA episodes. The early shows were very different from what would become the beloved later show, but this episode 'SST: Death Flight' was the episode where it all started to come together in regards to riffing.  I had a few other fans suggest it as a good place to start the KTMA season and it does not disappoint.  It does help that this pathetically bad 'Airport' rip-off has an easy-to-mock cast of celebrities. 

And how about Trace Beaulieu looking like Dan Gladden!

Enjoy!


Speaking of Dan Gladden, with the World Series starting let's revisit the greatest World Series of all time, the one the Twins won in 1991.  My roommate and I were the only Twins fans on the Army base in Nuremberg and we ended up making a lot of enemies with the Braves fans.  We celebrated the win at our morning PT where we had to do a lot of extra push-ups.  I made a lot of money on bets on that series.

Jolly Olive has this review.


Have a great weekend everyone.  Stay safe and watch for kiddos on Halloween night.

And remember to get your COVID vaccination and flu shots! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).