Friday, October 20, 2023

The Friday Link for 10/20/23

Hi all! It is the spooky season and tonight I have a scare that has stayed with me from the first time I watched it, the short 'The Raft,' from Creepshow 2. 

The characters in this are fairly predictable, although the order in which they go is a little unique (at least it was for the time). What 'The Raft' does is prove you can get great horror and scares from a very simple concept and very simple effects. The creature in this is pretty much a garbage bag in the water, but it sure scared the crud out of me nearly 40 years ago and still does to a point today.

I remember being very freaked out about going in lakes for a year after watching this.


How about a more modern scare? The bloater outbreak scene in Kansas City from The Last Of Us is just fantastic. If you didn't watch that show, I highly encourage you to do so.  An amazingly well-done new take on the zombie genre. 


Finally tonight, a laugh. If you've never watched the original cinematic trailer for Monty Python and the Holy Grail, it is a freaking riot. Sweet Lord is Michael Palin funny. This one is updated for the rerelease, but the first half of this is the same as the original was presented on the extended Blue Ray. 


Have a wonderful weekend.  Remember the flu vaccines and the COVID shots. I don't want you to get sick, go to the hospital, be saddled with a lifetime of medical debt, or die. I really don't.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).