Friday, January 28, 2022

The Friday Link for 1/28/22

Boy do I have a lot for you this week on the Friday Link.

Let's start with one I've been waiting to post.  Cinema Sins, the guys behind the "Everything Wrong With..." YouTube page, have had a long history of poking relentless fun at the Fast and The Furious movie franchise, with good reason.

Now a fan of the franchise might ask "what's the big deal?  So they are not the best movies but they're fun." Fair to a point, but this time around Cinema Sins makes the best observation about these movies.  After swinging in a car on a cable and crashing into a mountain, AND SURVIVING in a ridiculously unbelievable stunt, the host makes the point [paraphrasing]: These people never have any consequences for anything.  They don't die, they don't get seriously hurt, and their survival becomes more and more ridiculous with every stunt.  At least James Bond films usually have a much better plot and script, and the unbelievable stunts in Bond films are limited to one or two a movie, NOT EVERY FIVE FREAKING SECONDS!  There is nothing exciting about watching a movie with absolutely zero consequences.  Agreed!

I HIGHLY encourage you to watch all the Fast and Furious takedowns from Cinema Sins, but to start us this week is Everything Wrong With F9.  Warning, some salty language.


I also wanted to post some videos from Encanto.  The latest Disney movie is sensational, but after spending the last 20 years watching the Disney films with my kids, it's not a surprise.  There are numerous Disney films on my list of best films of the last 20 years. 

My kids now are starting to age out of Disney films, at least going to see them in theaters with their parents.  I didn't see Encanto when it came out, but I noticed it now on Disney Plus and decided to watch it last weekend.  It's fantastic.  

The story is about a magical Columbian family, but that is all I'm going to say.  Go see it.  To tempt you a little, here are some of the songs from the movie.  To begin let's get introduced to the Family Madrigal.


The character Luisa is a great one.  Here is a song where she talks her issues with her sister Maribel. 


And finally, We don't talk about Bruno. The song is the highest charting Disney song since 1995, beating everything from Frozen.  It's catchy.


The entire movie is catchy!  I'm a big old Minnesotan with Scottish heritage, but maybe I have a little Columbian in me! 

Have a great weekend.  Stay safe.  Get vaccinated, wear a mask and social distance.

Preventing mild inconvenience should never justify ignoring unnecessary suffering.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).