Saturday, January 1, 2022

The Friday Link (on a Saturday) for 1/1/22

Howdy all! Back on a New Year's Day after skipping Christmas Eve Friday (although I'm a day late). I realized that Friday Links and Christmas Eve are not really compatible in my house, so I decided to skip. Even last night, my priorities were in the right place, so here we are a day late.

First up tonight is a series of clips featuring interaction between the new Hawkeye Kate Bishop (played by Hailee Steinfeld) and Black Widow's younger sister Yelena Belova (played by Florence Pugh). 

I loved the Hawkeye series, especially Jeremy Renner's portrayal of an aging Hawkeye in a post Thanos world, but it was the incredibly fun to watch interaction and banter between Steinfeld and Pugh which stole the show.  I highly recommend watching the series (on Disney Plus), but enjoy the back and forth here. 


Next up is a tribute to Betty White, who died yesterday at 99.  She was wonderful, having emerged as everyone's fun and pleasant grandmother.  She is a true legend, and although I could post most of her Saturday Night Live show from 2010, here is one skit which sticks out for me, the Scared Straight bit she did with Kenan Thompson. Goodbye Betty.  You will be missed. 


Finally, since it is the end of 2021, let's go back and look at all the segments from the best unintentional journalist in America today, Jordan Klepper.  His segments on The Daily Show are legendary, and frankly are the news journalism we need.  When someone says something bone crunchingly stupid, a sane person should call them on it.  As most media today does not have the guts to do so.  Klepper does.  There is a lot here, but it's worth it! 


Be safe! Get Vaccinated! Get Boosted! Wear a mask! Social Distance! 

I don't want you sick, dead or bankrupt with medical bills. PLEASE! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).