Friday, January 14, 2022

The Friday Link for 1/14/22

The Friday Link this week is a bevy of various favorites.  I have to admit I'm kind of punting this week as I have the COVID.

Up first is a sensational piece from Jordan Klepper of The Daily Show as he commemorates the anniversary of the 1/6 Insurrection. I will post his original INSANE video from 1/6 last year after this year's anniversary piece (video which clearly shows who riled the crowd up and what their intent was), but this look at the anniversary has a few solid gold gems in it.  

An all time great moment is when Jordan Klepper confronts Rep. Matt Gaetz, YES THAT MATT GAETZ, and absolutely levels him with three questions. 

Watch for yourself. 


Here he is the actual 1/6 Insurrection piece from a year ago.  This is simply some of the best unintentional journalism ever. 


Also up today is a little recipe from Tasting History with Max Miller.  As I am trying to heal right now, I was searching for possible recipes to make me feel better. His tales of ancient Rome and their love of cabbage intrigued me, so I took his advice.  I did not make the recipe from this episode, but I did make a pho with both baby boy choy and cabbage (thanks for the cleaning tip heads up Max!). 

I'd be lying if I didn't say I feel better, but I was asymptomatic so...


Finally this week is a new song from my current favorite band right now, Durry!  Hey, I'm a Big Boy too!  I also love eating at Big Boy, when you can find one.  Durry (AND Big Boy) make me happy when the day is long. 


Have a great weekend everyone. Stay safe!  Get vaccinated, wear a mask and social distance.  Thanks!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).