Friday, September 8, 2023

The Friday Link for 9/8/23

Hi all! To start off this week let me encourage you to go watch 'Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves.' When that movie came out, nerd celebrities bashed on it.  I am guessing because they were upset they didn't get to kiss the girl in the end or the production company dared to NOT make the movie in their head.  I was skeptical so I passed.

The other night I saw it was on streaming, so I decided to watch it.  It's a freaking hoot! It is a lot of fun. Chris Pine and Michelle Rodriguez are fantastic.  Even Hugh Grant is enjoyable! 

To prove it, here is a great scene where they have to reanimate a dead person to find out the location of a certain helmet.  They can only ask each dead person 5 questions. This is played out nearly perfectly. 


Two words for you - Fat Dragon. Go watch the movie.  

Next up, there is a tree that is definitely trying to kill you. Meet the Dynamite tree.  This video is from Animalogic, but the host does come off as a touch...overacting. The tree is fascinating.


Last up, how exactly did Death Valley get its name? You would not be surprised to find out that it is named because of idiots. National Park Diaries has more. 


Make sure you get the new COVID vaccine when it becomes available and it is time to get those flu shots too. 

Stay healthy.  Stay safe. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).