Friday, December 2, 2022

The Friday Link for 12/2/22

This week I have a laugh for you, a good one, and then a tour of the Antiques Roadshow.

I cried when I first viewed this clip.  Steve Carell talking about his early days on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, from this year's Mark Twain Prize.

For the record, I cried twice.  First, because it is insanely funny, and second because it becomes very touching in the end.


Also for you tonight a bevy of the latest moments from Antique Roadshow.  We'll start with a Bahne skateboard. This was basically the first modern incarnation of the skateboard you see today. I find it cool to see stuff like this because on one side I say "You mean the scratched-up board Steve Rademaker had in his basement on Haver Hill Ave. In Wickford, RI?" 

On the other, I do realize that was almost 50 years ago.  When I was in 1979, I'd look back and think 50 years earlier, 1929, was ancient. Today my kids look at a Bahne like I'd look at an old-style radio from the ye-ole days! 

Now, I might empty my bank accounts for an original Lance Mountain Board, but that's just me.


Two big hitters: some Chinese porcelain and a Tiffany Lamp.



How about the insane Goodwill find!


Some fun sports memorabilia!  I see Bert Blyleven! 


And finally, one of my all-time favorite clips, is a modern collectible that is shockingly expensive. The best part of the Magic cards reveal is the wife who clearly thinks she is about to burst her husband's bubble on the "collectibles" he has, only to realize he has basically set them up with a huge windfall.  Watch her face as the reveal goes on, trying to come to grips with what her husband has collected.


Have a great weekend!  Please get your flu shots, stay COVID vaccinated, and wear a mask in really crowded locations!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).