Friday, November 4, 2022

The Friday Link for 11/4/22

To start this week a little carryover from Halloween.  

I've watched 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' probably 25 times (I have kids) but I never knew Catherine O'Hara (a treasure) played Sally and Paul Reubens played Lock.  I went and looked at the rest of the cast when I found out.  I also never pieced together that Glenn Shadix, the phenomenal Otho in 'Beetlejuice,' played the Mayor.

I went on this search of discovery after I saw this video, with the original cast doing a sing-along.  It's wonderful, but the undeniable scene-stealer is Ken Page whose fantastic voice makes Oogie Boogie one of the better Disney villains.  Let me add the very funny Greg Proops plays Santa in this video, but in the movie he was better known as the sax player.  


Another video for this week (completely unrelated) is a look at this very cool EcoSystem this guy built in his home.  It's clear this guy knows a lot about the right plants and animals to put into this tank, and the results are amazing.  This tank would be something I would probably spend a lot of time watching myself, a jaw-dropping centerpiece to any home.

I bet it's a real pain to clean...


Finally tonight, we return to the Hydraulic Press Channel, the creative guys from Finland who sit around and crush things.  

Here are ten of their more surprising moments.  After watching this, I am not sure we should allow these guys to have that press.


With November here, it is the beginning of the rise of COVID cases.  Be safe by getting your vaccinations up to date and being careful around loved ones.  If you are feeling a little rough, it might be COVID.  Get tested and make sure no one vulnerable gets exposed. 

Have a great weekend everyone.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).