Friday, October 7, 2022

The Friday Link for 10/7/22

It's all Weird Al tonight...well with one exception. 

Weird Al Yankovic is a freaking comic genius.  Anyone could pull off one parody song, but to do it consistently without sounding repetitive is amazing. He's been doing this since 1979! How many bands are still having success after 43 years?  I'm glad to see him get the comedy respect he deserves.

Let's run down what I think are his biggest successes, starting with what could be his best video, 'Tacky.' This is such a fun watch. 


He became a superstar in my generation with 'Eat It.' Not saying he wasn't popular beforehand, but after 'Eat It,' people were waiting for his version of the biggest songs.  Apparently you have to watch that one on YouTube.  Click on the link.


Also tonight 'Amish Paradise' and 'The Saga Begins' (based on 'American Pie' from Don McLean), two more of my favorite Weird Al songs. 



And I know I already posted the movie trailer once, but I'm posting this again. It looks amazing. 


Finally the one non Weird Al related video.  SWEET LORD does Miles Teller do an amazing impression of Peyton Manning.  Here is the opening skit from the season opener of SNL.


Have a wonderful weekend.  Make sure you get vaccinated and be safe.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).