Friday, October 21, 2022

The Friday Link for 10/21/22

As we get a little closer to Halloween, let's start focusing more on Halloween videos.

To start this week, let's talk about the neighbor who goes overboard on Halloween.  I love a good Halloween-decorated house, but that's not what I'm talking about.  It's the people who set up lights, computers, video, special effects, and even animatronics, all timed out to a 6-minute routine complete with a soundtrack.  This is also what happens with some houses at Christmas.  These displays cause massive neighborhood backups, not to mention enough noise and light pollution to cause every neighbor to curse their exuberant fellow resident under their breath. 

Now the decorations have kicked it up a notch. Drones!  I'll admit this is cool to look at, but if this was my neighbor, I'd sue them.

Enjoy this Halloween light display.  By the way, if you are wondering why Metallica is featured it's because the recent season of Stranger Things featured the song as a bit of a plot point. 


Also tonight we explore the actual history of how carving a pumpkin came about. There definitely seem to be some differing opinions (some of them not so politically correct) about the beginnings of Jack O'Lanterns.  The History Guy elaborates.


More Halloween fun next week!

Have a great weekend and remember to get vaccinated! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).