Friday, October 28, 2022

The Friday Link for 10/28/22

Ghostbusters was the last film I went and saw in the theater where I had no idea what the movie was about. 

I saw it at the old Knollwood Movie Theater (that was in the basement of the mall) on opening night, and I was with my friends Jeff and Steve.  I asked, "what's this movie about?"

"It's about ghosts."

"I don't want to watch a horror film."

"But Bill Murray is in it.  It's supposed to be funny."

"A funny ghost story?"

Of course, it was amazing.  I remember how the movie theater constantly laughed the entire movie, something I've only experienced once or twice since.  And the sound the audience made when the line "It's the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man" was delivered; I've never heard a louder laugh in my life.

First up the Hotel scene from the first movie.


And let me repost the scene from Ghostbusters II from the courthouse.


Finally tonight a hilarious bit from Stephen Colbert's The Late Show.  Meanwhile is always such fun, but the last story in this segment, about the guy from his writing staff and his take on the Swedish Cobra story, is just spectacular.  Watch and laugh.


Have a great weekend.  Happy Halloween and if you're not, please make sure you get vaccinated! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).