Friday, August 26, 2022

The Friday Link for 8/26/22

I hope you've had a great week.  I was going to try to do a Friday Link about the State Fair, but considering there are not too many good clips about it (Trust me, I've done that search before) I'm off to other (quite literally) greener pastures! 

Since I went and saw Wicked a week plus ago, I started asking if there are other Broadway shows I've been overlooking.  I'm not a fan of the adaption genre of musicals, the ones like the Disney musicals which take one of their cartoon movies and convert it to musical theater form.  Don't get me wrong, those adaptions rake in the money, but it seems so contrived.

That's why when I stumbled onto a few of the songs from the Broadway adaption of Beetlejuice I was stunned.  The songs seem to be catchy and the lead character from the musical, Alex Brightman, seems born to play Beetlejuice. See for yourself.

Here is the opening number from the day the show opened back up on Broadway after being closed for COVID.  It's got some salty language, so you've been warned.  I might have to catch this one when it comes through. 


Also, I need a laugh this Friday so I turn to the ever-reliable RiffTrax crew for their well-deserved takedown of the movie 'Retro PuppetMaster.'  


The COVID pandemic is not over! Please get vaccinated and if you are in a crowded area, please wear a mask. 

Thanks.  Have a great weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).