Friday, August 19, 2022

The Friday Link for 8/19/22

This week we start with another classic bit from Randy Rainbow.  He takes on Trump's increasing guilt after the FBI raid but then focuses on the question everyone is asking, "how much longer until Trump goes to jail?"

Warning some adult language, but it is funny. 


Also tonight, I want to play a clip from the original Broadway run of 'Wicked.'  The touring show has been performing in Minneapolis and I got to go see it for the first time on Tuesday.  That is a musical that rests heavily on the two lead female characters.  

The original Broadway cast featured as powerful a lineup as Broadway can put out, as Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel were the original leads.  It's also been described as one of the toughest musicals to sing, and the show has earned adoring fans. 

Here is a fairly clean Broadway promotional video from 'Wicked' of the song 'Popular' with the original cast. 


And with me returning from the parks of the American west, let me finish out this week with a clip from 'Parks & Rec' which features a line every one of my kids wanted to say when they got to the rim of the Grand Canyon. 


Have a safe weekend.  If you haven't gotten vaccinated against COVID yet, please do.  It's still out there and 1200 Minnesotans are getting sick every day. 

Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).