Friday, March 18, 2022

Friday Link for 3/18/22

I have two Star Wars related videos this week.

I love Star Wars, but one thing that hasn't aged well is the original battle in A New Hope between Darth Vader and Obi Wan Kenobi.  Especially when you look at how bad ass Jedi's get when the special effects can match their true powers (think Luke Skywalker taking on the Empire in The Last Jedi).

As Lucas has revisited his old movies and added Ewoks, lizards and far too many droids, I wondered if he'd ever try to remaster the original lightsaber duel, to make it worthy of the series.

Leave it to some fans to put together a sensational lightsaber duel which should be inserted into A New Hope.  The images are not framed perfectly, and the special effects need to be cleaned up a little, but it's worthy of inclusion on the Star Wars universe. 

Then again, I think our minds would've exploded if this was the lightsaber fight in the original film in the 1970's. 


Also tonight another Star Wars clip, this from one of their video games which talks about the Old Republic, stories from long before the current Star Wars universe.  

When the last few Star Wars movies came out, I though they were very good.  I'm a defender of The Rise of Skywalker.  Sure Palpatine returning out of nowhere with very little explanation is a massive MacGuffin, but I think it was hard to wrap up all of those plot points and not have a few holes. 

That being said, The Empire Strikes Back is still the high-water mark for all Star Wars films, and as good as the final three were, they are still no where near as complete and as entertaining as Empire.  That's why this simple 6 minute Old Republic video game trailer is astonishing.  I think this is as good as Empire! Watching this makes me want to see a movie around all of these characters.  

Watch for yourself and see if you're like me, wanting more! 


Have a great weekend and please get vaccinated if you haven't already!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).