Friday, November 5, 2021

The Friday Link for 11/5/21

 Howdy all! 

Recovery from my hip replacement surgery is going well.  I've successfully started to ween myself off the harsher medications.  I hope I'm able to drive again next week.  Today I walked a block, and although I was exhausted, I was glad to get out of the house. 

On my radio show on Fridays, I've gotten into the habit of dancing.  It all started last year, when everything was going so bad in this country.  Out of a need for some positivity, I started to dance at the end of the show to an upbeat and happy song.  It caught on.  I couldn't keep doing it every day, so we eventually switched it Friday's only.  As you can imagine, I've not been dancing lately.

I want to encourage you to dance on your own, and have I got some great music for you.  We've featured The Hood Internet before on the Friday Link.  His remixes are basically taking a year of music, then dance remixing many of the year's biggest songs into a single song which encapsulates the year the song is about.  

Frankly, the guy doing these remixes is the best music remixer I've ever heard. 

He went back to the 1970's for his latest remixes. Back then EVERYONE (mostly) listened to the same music, as diverse and vibrant as it was. He's done remixes for 1975-1979 and here are all five.

I'm starting with 1976, because I think overall it's the best, but all of these individual years are exceptional.  Enjoy!




I think 1978 might be the second best of this round.



Please get vaccinated, wear a mask. 

Please be safe.

Dance the night away...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).