Friday, July 24, 2015

I'm a Jerk!

I want to apologize to Stan from Oak Park Heights.  I really didn't have time to take his call this morning, but since I so wanted to smack him down, I did anyway.  I jumped the gun, summed up what he was calling in about (deflecting any criticism away from Scott Walker, by insisting everyone is corrupt, so just ignore Walker's crimes) and smacked him down hard.  Here's the problem; I knew where he was going, Stan knew where he was going, but no one else knew where he was going, so I ended up just cutting him off and criticizing his call.  It wasn't my finest radio moment.  He might be a fool, and calling in with an agenda, but he didn't deserve that.  I apologize.

But that out of the way, I stand by smacking down these conservative trolls whose goal is to make sure only positive messages come out about the GOP, and only negative messages come out about the Dems.  Back when I started at AM 950, you had hosts who would let conservative callers go on and on with rants of delusion Trump only dreams about.  They'd say, "the sky is green, water isn't wet, Clinton and Obama are hell beasts, One Direction is a great band, and the oil industry should be worshipped as our overlords, but the main point I wanted to get to is (something equally as stupid)."  They then would ask multiple questions about the final point, hanging up, leaving the host lost in a fog.  Not me, I hear something stupid coming from your mouth, I'll stop you in your tracks and make you talk that issue.  During the first few weeks of the old evening show, it was hilarious listening to GOP trolls getting called out, made to defend things no one could.  Most of those guys stopped calling.  I do not miss them.

My critique of Walker was spot on.  He is trying to prevent anyone from seeing the inner workings of his office, he is the most "quid pro quo-y" politician I have ever seen, and he has, with the aid of a Wisconsin GOP House and Senate whose price tags are still visible, taken around $4000 a year out of the paycheck of working Wisconsin families, with a smile on his face.  He deserves the humiliation.

GOP troll caller hates anyone fairly criticizing their guys.  Stan came in to do the only thing he could.  Since there is no defending Walker on these issues, he tries to do the "both sides do it, so just ignore it" speech.  This speech starts off with, "since you are so quick to point out Scott Walker's failures, you'll also be fair and point out (insert Dem name here)'s failures too," usually followed by a litany of lies about the specific Democrat, lies the GOP voting base believes as true, insisting anyone who tries to correct them as being part of the 'liberal agenda!'

I love being held to a standard by the right they themselves are never required to maintain.  It's part of the game.  You see, if the right can have unfettered GOP praise and Democrat demagoguery in most of the media, then, from their point of view, making the few left voices out there debate about "who is worse," is winning.  By mucking up the works, they derail any real criticism, and try to discourage Democrats from voting.  "Since both sides are horrible, maybe it's best if the left just stays home."

I am a liberal.  I am a liberal radio talk show host.  In my heart, I believe being a liberal is right.  You insisting I have to entertain your drivel, drivel which can be seen, heard and read coming from the majority of media in this city, state and country, is false.  I don't have to, and I won't.

In the future, I will leave guys like Stan off the air if they don't have the time to set up their own trap.  I can see the GOP trolls coming from a mile away, and I'm sure their frantic and pathetic attempts at silencing the left are ready to go for 2016.  Considering how the GOP train wreck is looking, it's one of the few options they have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).