Friday, September 27, 2024

The Friday Link for 9/27/24

Hi all!

This week we get a little science-y but first, we look at a Marvel movie coming out that I'm super psyched about.

Thunderbolts is the Marvel version of The Suicide Squad, with heroes and villains looking for redemption and getting a chance at it on a team that is...less than safe.  I think the bringing together of the rag-tag throw-away characters from the last few years of Marvel movies is exciting, but it's one individual character I'm most excited about, Bob Reynolds, The Sentry.

Sentry is a relatively new character in Marvel history, coming around at the turn of the century, but he ended up being part of an INSANELY good run of Avengers stories.  New Avengers, Civil War, World War Hulk, Secret Invasion, and the Dark Avengers. Pick up an Avengers comic from around 1999 to 2012, and you won't go wrong.

Sentry is Marvel's version of Superman, but he is horribly flawed.  I have no idea how they'll introduce him in this movie, but Thunderbolts is a MUST-SEE movie for me, the first must-see Marvel movie in a few years. Here is the trailer. 


The link is being picky, so click on this link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-94Snw-H4o

Onto the science!

A fun video for me was this one about the largest visible crater on the planet, FAR bigger than the one that wiped out the dinosaurs.

When I went to the Grand Canyon, I found out the bottom of the canyon was about 1.9 Billion years ago.  A Geologist said that goes back to the time right after a massive asteroid impact, which almost wiped out all simple life before it started to flourish.  I had forgotten about that little nugget until I caught this video about that specific asteroid hit from The SciShow YouTube channel.


Also From The SciShow, here is a video about The Doorway to the Underground in Siberia and how, due to climate change, for better or worse, we can't stop its growth.


I got my latest COVID shot and my flu shot for 2024 this week.  PLEASE get yours as soon as possible.  I don't want any of you to get sick.

Have a great weekend! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).