Friday, August 30, 2024

The Friday Link for 8/30/24

Hi all!  I hope you have a nice Labor Day Weekend.

There is one more weekend of the Minnesota State Fair.  Earlier this week the sensational YouTube/TikTok/Twitter account Chef Reactions came to the Minnesota State Fair to see what it was all about. 

This is different than most of Chef Reaction's videos.  I've featured his MST3K-esque running commentary over online cooking videos and they're freaking hilarious.  Due to his popularity, he started making other types of videos, like going somewhere and tasting local cuisine. 

He asked his fans which State Fair should he go to, and the overwhelming response was the Minnesota State Fair, so he came and he ate. He ate a ton, and pretty much he gave most things he ate an 8, 9, or a 10 (out of 10). Nice job Minnesota State Fair!

He does swear, but look past that and see a guy who came to Minnesota for the first time and ended up having a good time. Enjoy! 


If he comes back, I'd recommend the Union Kitchen and a Pronto Pup. I promise I'll post his Minneapolis-St. Paul restaurant review when it comes out. 

Also this weekend the channel Sprockets In Time takes a look at the disaster movies from the 1970s.  I remember growing up with these movies and how popular they were.  I also remember not only the TV ads for these movies but the full-page newspaper ads.  They left an impression as a kid.

This recap starts with the Posideon Adventure and ends with the end of the Disaster genre with When Time Ran Out.  Then again 2012 was like the granddaddy of the disaster films. 


Finally this week was a political rant I did which was featured on CliffsEdge, my friend Cliff Schecter's YouTube page.  It's how the movie Armageddon influenced who MAGA is today.  It has over 70,000 views.  I am stunned and humbled.  

Please watch and share if you like it.


Have a great and safe weekend.

Please make sure you get all your vaccinations.  I am getting mine in a few weeks at the VA! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).