Friday, July 26, 2024

The Firday Link for 7/26/24

 Hi everyone!

As everyone knows, I love Doctor Who, the British TV show where a time lord called The Doctor travels through space and time to stop bad guys and correct wrongs.  Sure they head out into the reaches of space but the Doctor spends a lot of time at various points of world history, primarily English history.  It's a fun watch, no matter what version of The Doctor you watch (did I mention the character can regenerate into a new character?).

But how safe would it actually be to go back to the Middle Ages?  In reality, you'd probably have A LOT of problems.  These are numerous so let me pass you off to a guy I have featured before on this channel, the Premodernist.  This guy is an incredibly smart historian who knows his stuff.

This is a long video, but it is thorough. Apparently, many things could go wrong and likely would go wrong for you, as a modern person visiting the Middle Ages. 


Since I am being a bit on the academic side this week, I will also share a video from PBS Terra, where new technology allows us to view the ancient path of the earth.  And some of the images are gorgeous.


Have a great weekend everyone!

Stay safe and get vaccinated!  Wear a mask in large groups! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).