Friday, July 12, 2024

The Firday Link for 7/12/24

Hi all, I hope you have a great weekend.  Let's focus this week on Summer movies.  

The Natural is the greatest baseball movie ever made, a top 3 all-time sports movie, and an undeniable summer blockbuster.  Released in May of 1984, it went on to become the 14th biggest movie of the year. If at this point you haven't seen it, go see it.  Even the non-baseball, non-sports fan can appreciate this film.  My daughters have both mentioned how dreamy Robert Redford was back then, Glen Close was damn near perfect as the All-American gal, and Wilford Brimley is fantastic as the coach.

When it's on, I can't stop watching it. I think it's one of those movies you end up appreciating more as you get older, being able to relate to the person finally getting their shot and making the most of it. 

Here are a bunch of clips from that movie. 






I'm also going to post a scene from what I think is the best movie of the year so far, Furiosa. I know it underperformed at the box office, but that's a crime. This take on the background story of the character Furiosa from Mad Max: Fury Road (itself one of the best movies ever made) was deep, complex, suspenseful, and a riot. Here we see Chris Mensworth's shockingly good Dementus go meet the bad guys from Fury Road. 


Last tonight is the new trailer for what WILL NOT be a summer movie, but a movie I can't wait to see, Captain America: Brave New World.  Red Hulk finally shows up in the Marvel Cinematic Universe! 


Have a great weekend everyone! Make sure to stay up to date on your vaccinations! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).