Friday, March 29, 2024

The Friday Link for 3/29/24

Howdy everyone, and Happy Easter weekend to all who celebrate.

I'm going to start off with religious content.  This is not about converting anyone.  You do, or don't do, whatever it is you want to do or don't want to do.  I'm Christian.

I'm a person who's desperately trying to wrestle Christianity, a religion based on love, peace, welcoming, compassion, diversity, inclusion, and equity, away from those who constantly use it as a vehicle of commanded hatred. I'm always on the lookout for people who intelligently and honestly talk about religion.  John Fugelsang is one of my favorite people to listen to talk about this subject.  Wickedly intelligent and funny as heck.

This week I want to introduce you to Dan McClellan, a scholar of the Bible, and one of the smartest theological minds I've ever had the privilege of hearing. This guy knows his Bible, down to astounding detail, and provides the research which backs up his talk.  I discovered him on social media and I became an immediate fan.

We will start this Good Friday with two of his videos, beginning with him having an epic takedown of Michele Bachmann, Minnesota's own clown car of ignorance.  Bubbles tries to put forward the lie that the Constitution is a Biblical document and Dan McClellan takes her to task, bringing the receipts! Enjoy! 


Also, enjoy his video which takes down the notion that Easter itself is an ancient celebration that was forced into Christianity.  None of what this guy posted is true. It wasn't, and Dan explains where exactly Easter came from.


Speaking of challenging ignorant people, Jordan Klepper challenges the MAGA crowd trying to make their brand of extremism mainstream.  His point about Trump embracing the Jan. 6th Insurrectionists as patriots while also bellyaching about Colin Kaepernick kneeling for the national anthem puts a lot of Trump's insanity into perspective. As he says, we can't allow that to happen. 


And finally tonight, something to make you smile.  Honest Trailers dismantles Madam Web. 


Have a great weekend, make sure you stay up to date on your vaccinations, and if you do celebrate Easter (like I do) I hope you have a wonderful weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).