Friday, January 26, 2024

The Friday link for 1/26/24

This week we start with a weird phenomenon in online video posting, the popularity of mowing/yard clean up videos.

We've all seen that house where the grass and yard are overgrown and it's the neighborhood eyesore. I actually have one a few blocks from my house, a place that was foreclosed on in 2009 and has sat empty ever since.  A few times it's been mowed, but for the most part it stays overgrown more often than not.

As bad as it gets, it's still nowhere as bad as some of the houses featured in the videos from SB Mowing. This is a guy who goes around (he started in Kansas but I am not sure if he exclusively mows there or goes around the country), finds the most overgrown yards he can, and then trims them back for free.  The transformations are incredible and it is a ton of work.  I think the popularity of these videos comes from the idea of bringing order from chaos. 

I have enjoyed these videos for a while, but I had not posted them on the Friday Link because I thought this was an old man thing.  That was until I found one of my 20-something friends posting one of the videos, telling me they loved watching them too. 

Here are two from SB Mowing to get us started. 



Two more quick ones for you tonight.  The latest season of Fargo is great, but they really do over enhance the accent.  Here is a video of the cast talking about having to learn the accent. 


And finally tonight a compilation of the best celebrity cousins from Finding Your Roots, the great PBS show that tracks people's DNA history. 


Have a great weekend everyone!  Please make sure to get vaccinated and be careful with all the different health crisis issues going around.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).