Friday, November 10, 2023

The Friday Link for 11/10/23

Hi all.  To all those who served, at home and abroad, and their families who served on the homefront, all my best on Veteran's Day tomorrow.

With it Veteran's Day tomorrow, you know exactly where I'm going.  The 1st Minnesota's brave stand that saved the Union toward the end of the day on the 2nd day at Gettysburg in 1863. 

The American Battlefield Trust has a great perspective video that gets you the lay of the land at Gettysburg, and where the 1st Minnesota actually charged. 


Also here is a very cool video with a diagram of what happened in their great stand. How about Company I taking on the entirety of the 9th Alabama.  Gen. Hancock told them to go take the Confederate's colors, and by God, they did, although at a staggering cost.


I know I posted one of the videos before, but it's worth remembering.  No Minnesotan should EVER fly the Confederate flag.

And finally tonight something completely different.  Martin Short absolutely roasts Conan O'Brien over and over and over again.  Martin Short is so freaking funny, and quick! 


Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Remember the Veterans on Veteran's Day! 

Get vaccinated, both for the flu and for COVID. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).