Friday, June 23, 2023

The Friday Link for 6/23/23

Let me start this week by reminding everyone of a story that has slipped from the headlines, the writer's strike. They have legit reasons to be concerned about the future.  I hope they get everything they are asking for.

Speaking of the writers, I haven't done an SNL recap this year so here you go.  Overall, I didn't think the season was great.  I usually watch the skits on Sunday and as I went through them this season, there seemed to be more misses than hits.

Here are what I think were the best sketches for this season. 

Hands down the best was the first one of the season, the Peyton brothers doing a live breakdown of the show.  What makes it spectacular is Miles Teller's spot-on Peyton Manning impression. 


Next was Lisa from Temecula. Ego Nwodim is hilarious, so much so that Pedro Pascal and Bowen Yang lose it the entire skit. Sometimes the stars laughing is the best part, and this is the best skit to have that since Debbie Downer and Close Encounter. 


Pedro Pascal was the best episode of the season, and another skit, Waking Up, was also great. 


The Arby's skit was pretty good, where the cast has some legit questions about he math involved in Arby's menu. 


I thought this one was pretty good, the King Brothers Toyota Ad.  Maybe it's because I have seen this God-awful city planning in person, especially in the South. 



Finally tonight, a rather adult one.  When Woody Harrelson hosted and they did a take-off on the service where you send a sample to a lab to determine if you are at risk for colon cancer.  I had a friend use this and it was a little awkward.  SNL ramped up the awkwardness quite a bit.

Adult content!


Have a great weekend.  Stay safe and stay vaccinated. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).