Friday, June 2, 2023

The Friday Link for 6/2/23

This week, we begin with graduation! Congrats to all who graduated High school or College this year.  I will not send good wishes to Kindergarten grads.  Mastering finger painting is not on the same level. 

I have about 5 graduation parties to go to over the next two weeks, including one for my own daughter.  With graduation comes the words of encouragement from the commencement speaker.  But what if your commencement speaker was Patton Oswalt?  Get ready for some honesty and truth...and a lot of laughs. 


Next up is a surprise video from Bon Appétit.  A few years back I posted about their epic fall from grace as most of their great personality chefs left after a scandal, but out of the blue comes a gem of a video from them.

They recruited Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith from the Great British Baking Show and had them rank American snack foods.  I have to admit I agree with their results! 


Finally tonight a Fascinating Horror clip on the Indiana State Fairgrounds Explosion from 1963.  Yes, this is a bit grim of a topic, but there are two things that strike me about this tragedy.  First is how this is a great example of why we need regulations.  It's hard to comprehend how a simple storage issue could end up leading to so many deaths.

The other thing is how there are some parallels between this tragedy and the current tragedy unfolding in Davenport, Iowa, with a collapsing apartment building.  It's clear the owner of the building and the inspectors did not do their job in Iowa, and likewise, there seems to have been a failure in Indianapolis in 1963.


Have a great weekend everyone! 

Stay safe, and make sure to stay up to date on vaccinations!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).