Friday, March 10, 2023

The Friday Link for 3/10/23

Today is a good day!  I was told I could finally stop wearing the back brace which has been glued to me for the last three months.  Healing is wonderful! 

This week a bevy of food options for you, starting with the Anti-Chef.  

Anti-Chef is great.  Jamie might be a professional cook (I'm not sure of his complete background) but he sure has an unorthodox style to his cooking technique.  It's not polished or clean.  He rummages around his kitchen looking for the utensils he needs, he cooks in a very relatable small apartment kitchen, and (best of all) he makes mistakes.  He's not afraid to admit when he does and that's what I like about him.  He's most of us cooking, imperfect, but yet successful.  With his determination, he plugs through and recreates great Julia Child recipes, many of which look delicious.

This one in particular looks AMAZING! Cinnamon toast flan with a strawberry topping.  I will make this one myself in the next few weeks.


Also this week another edition of Tasting History with Max Miller. This time he tackles a dish many of us from the Iron Rage savor, the pasty. Pasty bakes were an annual tradition in my house and I just recently had a discussion with Minnesota musician Paul Metsa about who had the best pasties on the Range (It's Paul's in Eveleth). 

This pasty looks very different from the ones we have, but then again it is a recipe from the age of Robin Hood. 
 

Finally tonight, another video about food, but not a cooking video.  Robert Reich puts out the warning about a massive merger about to happen in the grocery sector, and how it will eventually lead to much higher prices for all of us. 

I especially like him pointing out something I've said for about a year:  It's not Inflation.  It's plain old fashion Greed!


I'll let you know how the Cinnamon Toast flan turns out.

Have a great weekend and remember to keep up to date on your vaccinations!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).