Friday, February 24, 2023

The Friday Link for 2/24/23

Hey all!

This week we start off with The trailer for the upcoming Oscars broadcast with Jimmy Kimmel.  Kimmel does a good job, and I imagine will bring the laughs. I will say, them suggesting Steve Harvey...THAT would be incredible, but I won't miss Kimmel either. 


Next up this week is a fantastic little short horror film called 'Laboratory Conditions.' ALTER has a pretty big collection of short horror films on YouTube, but it is a bit of a mixed bag.  Some are really good, but some miss.  I think what makes this film very enjoyable is the acting of Marisa Tomei and (the forever on my top 5 list) Minnie Driver. The rest of the cast does well and it ends up giving the viewer a believable plot and a good scare too. 


Finally tonight, is 'R' a vowel?  I know that might seem to be a very strange question, but it's not nearly as cut and dry as it sounds.  'R' does follow all the rules of vowels in some languages.  And this video will help you explain the Boston, New York, and Southern accents a little. Dr. Erica Brozovsky at 'Otherewords' takes it from here:  



Have a great weekend! Please make sure you keep up to date on your vaccines.  And since I get to go see the University of Minnesota men's hockey team this weekend, let me also add "Go Gophers!"






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).