Friday, July 15, 2022

The Friday Link for 7/15/22

Another busy week for me, with the added joy of a 45-minute drive to a soccer tournament, multiple times! Sweet Lord!  I haven't shaved this week because I quite literally could not find 20 minutes to do it. 

But I regress, the Friday Link is not for me to complain, but for you to enjoy some good videos I've found this week.

I'll start with a beauty from Jordan Klepper and the Daily Show folks.  This video actually came out while I was on vacation and I wanted to eventually post it.  It's another trip to a Trump rally but there is a twist.  He confronts these people with video evidence that Trump is horrible, and two young women seem truly stunned at the truth.  I'm not sure if they left the rally (the blonde certainly seemed bothered by the videos of Barr and Ivanka talking about reality while the brunette seemed to want to just end the interview) but there seemed to be someone off camera who got incensed when they started to believe what their own eyes were showing them.  Watch the whole thing for yourself. 


Also tonight a very cool science video from Physics Girl.  She visits a tunnel in Alaska which is the world's only research facility for permafrost, any part of the underground that is permanently frozen for two or more years.  In Alaska, some areas have been frozen for thousands of years.  This is a very cool visit to a part of the Earth we rarely get to see. 


Finally tonight, the trailer for the new Lord of the Rings TV series on Amazon is out, and it looks spectacular. 


BA.5 is out and it is starting to surge.  Be careful!

Make sure you're vaccinated and boosted, and make sure you start wearing masks in large crowds. 

Have a great weekend everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).