Friday, June 17, 2022

The Friday Link for 6/17/22

This week we enjoy science...well kind of.

First up is a look at all we learned from the New Horizons probe going to Pluto and beyond.  We forget before that probe we only saw a smudge of a planet (don't at me scientists! I still call it a planet).  Not only do we understand Pluto and its moons a lot better now, but all the far distant objects in the solar system too. 

Enjoy Astrum's recap of the fun! 


Also this week, we head back to Eons to find something we still have very little idea about, and the crazy part is this time it's not some fossil we are head-scratching.  Even though this creature goes back deep into the fossil record, it's still around today, and scientists don't quite know how to explain it. 


Finally tonight, the science of cricket! Okay, I know 'science' is a reach here.

There are a few parks around the metro where there are regular cricket leagues, but I frankly knew very little about the sport.  Then I found this video and I'll be danged, this does a really good job of explaining the sport of cricket to someone who already understands baseball.  I think knowing baseball makes it easier to relate to what exactly is going on with the game.  

Watch this video and you'll understand cricket by the time you get to the end. 


It'll be really hot in Minneapolis this weekend so make sure to stay hydrated.

Get vaccinated, please wear a mask in crowded spots, and be careful. Have a great weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).