Friday, August 6, 2021

The Friday Link for 8/6/21

For the Friday Link this week, I want to look back on a movie from long ago, Gold Diggers of 1933. 

I was reminded of this film when I visited with the MST3K and RiffTrax host Bill Corbett earlier this week on my radio show. He was talking about how much he has enjoyed looking back at the classic movies over the last year and this is definitely one of them.  The scope of this Hollywood musical is amazing.

When I started watching this film, I had no idea how great it was, nor how many great songs came from the film.

I did find the the tribute to the WWI soldiers at the end to be quite wonderful, and sobering.  Not the ending I was expecting from this film.

Here are a few clips for you to enjoy.  I do highly recommend the whole film.  Let's start with a Ginger Rogers classic.



The next scene is a little risqué and that kid is just plain creepy... 


And finally the ending with the stunning (I still have a crush on her ) Joan Blondell. 


Have a great weekend.  Get vaccinated and stay safe!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).