Friday, August 13, 2021

The Friday Link for 8/13/21

For the Friday Link this week I want to revisit a group of men who were my heroes, the First Minnesota at Gettysburg.

I've often stated the Minnesotans who died that day saved the Union, and they did!  It cost them most of their unit, but for five minutes of pure hell and glory they held back a FAR larger Confederate force (for five minutes!!!) and saved the field for the Union. They knew exactly what they were headed for, and they never even flinched. 

This clip is actually from the position on the field where the First Minnesota made their great sacrifice. I tear up every time I think about what those Minnesotans did. 


Bravery.  But let's change course.

For something completely different, and hilarious, let's visit ZeFrank and two of his True Facts videos! 



I don't want you sick.
I don't want you dead.
I don't want you bankrupt.

PLEASE get vaccinated and stay safe. Thanks. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).