Friday, July 24, 2020

The Friday Link for 7/24/20

I feel like beef jerky.  I spent two hours out in this outrageous heat watching my son play baseball and I feel it.  I guess it could be worse.  The boy had to wear full baseball gear.

Short and sweet then.  Sports are back.  Twins baseball kicks off tonight, but Major League Soccer has already been playing for a few weeks.  We'll all have to be reminded of July 1st to July 20th, 2020, the time Soccer ruled the US sports scene.

Speaking of remembering, I had forgotten one of the worst fixed games of all time.  It  involved the World Cup in 1982 and this was such a blatant fix it's hard to comprehend the people behind it thought they could get away with it.  SB Nation has more.  Warning some swearing involved.


Also tonight, PBS' Eons talks history; REALLY old history, but their hosts are delightful and the topics are delivered with a lot of entertainment value.  Tonight they explain the crocodile who had hooves.  Yes, you read that right.


Have a great weekend everyone! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).