Friday, November 10, 2017

The Friday Link for 11/10/17

I've been amazed at how unwilling comedians and comedy shows have been to go after the new White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders.  While she hasn't said anything as insane as 'there was a larger Inauguration crowd than there actually was' (miss you Spicy!), she's said some absolute doozies, and she needs to be getting ripped to shreds.

I think a lot of the hesitation might be people are afraid of having their legitimate criticism being labeled as only making fun of her because of her weight.  I don't think she's overweight.  She's not pencil thin, but TV cameras do not make you look your best.  I should know; I was on TV doing traffic a few years back.  Even when I was in really good shape, I looked bulbous.

When Chris Christie was getting a lot of insults, I had no respect for the people only making fun of him for his weight.  Lowest common denominator comedy is just that, written for the a cheap laugh usually at the expense of someone's appearance.  There was plenty to ridicule Christie about which had nothing to do with his form or diet.

Huckabee Sanders NEEDS to be mocked for being the White House Press Secretary for Trump.  Her job is to defend the undefendable.  You should be able to mock her EASILY, without getting anywhere near her appearance.

Bring in Saturday Night Live, whose criminally underutilized Aidy Bryant does the best takedown of Huckabee Sanders yet, and has made the new go to White House parody for the rest of this season.



And to give you more, one of my favorite all time SNL bits, the New York Actor's Studio presentation of a Charlie Brown musical, starring Al Pacino!  Watch out for language!!!



Have a great weekend everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).