Friday, October 27, 2017

The Friday Link for 10/27/17

Something Halloween-y for you this Friday.

I usually avoid many of the YouTube 'list' videos, where they do a countdown of some category, usually from the world of entertainment.  Most of the time it's someone's personal favorites list and their entire argument for their placement is "it's awesome!"  It's one thing to post about such things privately, but trying to pass one's self off as an 'expert,' showing zero objectivity and zero validation for their choices (outside of "it's awesome") is weak, and the reason most of their videos have 20 views.

Every once in awhile you find a good list maker, with knowledgable comments, and valid reasons for specific placement.  This week, I found one perfect for late October.

The Friday List this week is two clips from BlameItOnJorge channel.  These are very solid lists, done by people who know their movies and television.

First off something to remind you of your childhood, a great video highlighting lost Halloween specials, '7 Forgotten & Underrated Halloween Specials.'



I also enjoyed '10 Old Movies Too Disturbing for Mainstream Audiences.'  I've seen two of the movies on this list, and they both still haunt me today.  The thought of #1 creeps me out.

I should point out the squeamish elements are, for the most part, only referred to, with only one or two scenes which are queasy.  This is a great list.  ENJOY!



Have a great weekend and Happy Halloween!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).