Thursday, August 27, 2015

I'm Back, and Feisty!

Hi all!  Thanks for understanding my blog quietness after the passing of my father in law.  Sometimes you just have to walk away.

What got me back was something that happened this morning.  There's a listener who interacts with the show on Twitter, John Appleseed, @WhizkeyDreamer.  He's been interacting with the show for awhile, and whereas some of the staff think the guy is just a troll, I disagree.  Although he and I didn't see eye to eye on everything, and he hated when I'd do a character voice, we got along fine.  That all started to change when I was talking about the shooting of the 16 year old armed robber in St. Paul.  I'm not going to revisit my stance, but let's just say JAWD intensely disagreed with me.

This morning, for some reason, he took offense at my asking questions about what happened in regards to the tragic death of a worker at the new stadium being built for the Minnesota Vikings.  Two workers were on top of the building, and as I said this morning, either they weren't using safety equipment, the safety equipment failed, or (as I realized a little later) there could've been a structural failure of some sort which cause the accident.  Really, those are the only three options on the table.  I also insisted that we, as taxpayers who are funding this boondoggle, have a right to know what exactly happened.  I'll not mix words; I want to know it the roofing subcontractor was skipping safety regulations for some reason.

This triggered JAWD to come after me.  He initially insisted I sounded like an idiot and I shouldn't be talking about the accident.  Both Bryan and I were scratching our heads, wondering what he'd heard to set him off.  We asked what was bothering him, and he just got more and more belligerent and more and more insulting.

I warned him, saying I wanted nothing more to do with the discussion, but that didn't stop him.  He just kept pushing and pushing and pushing.  Finally he said a pretty nasty insult, and that's when I blocked him.

I'm married, have three kids, a house, a dog.  I work hard on the radio show, love to be active with the kids, help them out with school and sports, garden, cook, love music and partake in the great Twin Cities art scene whenever I can.  I love Rush, Doctor Who and baseball.  Most days, I have a hard time fitting it all in.

My point is this.  I have no time for angry fools or derogatory and disrespectful jerks.  I have discovered there is a way to block people I don't like on social media, and I have no problem in doing so.  This isn't saying a person can't disagree with me.  Not at all.  Everyday I have numerous people tell me I'm wrong, defending their position with varying degrees of facts and determination.  If you think I'm wrong, challenge me, but don't become furious, indignant, foul-motuthed or hostile.  I don't mind ornery, but if I see you ramping it up more and more, and if my telling you you're getting too extreme, to tone it down, or to walk away, goes ignored, C'est la Vie.

I love interacting with you, but I don't have time to be the wall a person just wants to yell at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).