Friday, July 24, 2026

The Friday Link for 7/24/26

Hi all!  Happy Friday!

This year I've had two exceptional music experiences.  Last Thursday I was in Chicago for the Rush 50 Something tour, and it did not disappoint. As a fan of the band, I never thought I'd ever hear them play again, since Neil Peart passed away.  Then Paul McCartney (who I saw play last October) encouraged Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson to get back at it.  They found an amazing drummer in Anika Nilles, and they went back on the road.

It'd be like tasting your mom's cooking again after being away for a decade.

Here was Freewill from Thursday night in Chicago.


I think I also talked about going to see Lady Gaga earlier this year.  That was also an incredible show, which came across more like a half concert/half Broadway show! 

Here she is singing Applause! 


As a 57-year-old man, now that my kids are all off at college, I'm rediscovering the joy of going to see big live concerts again.  Pick a show and enjoy! 

Also tonight, they released the trailer for Avengers: Doomsday, and it looks AWESOME! 


If the trailer is not enough for you, then let your real Marvel geek out and let New Rockstars break down the trailer frame by frame to give you every clue, Easter egg, and theory they have about the upcoming film. 

These guys are nothing but thorough! 


That's it for this week!

Please stay safe and make sure you get vaccinated for everything.  

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is trying to make you sick.  I want you to be safe. 

PEACE!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).