Friday, August 18, 2023

The Friday Link for 8/18/23

Good mid-August to you! I am spending part of my weekend moving my 2nd oldest into college.  I shall be a weeping mess by Monday.

I love Fred Armisen.  He has an insane level of talent, the ability to completely change who he is and mold it to whatever comedy he is doing, while at the same time still being Fred Armisen. It reminds me of Tom Hanks.  Hanks is very different in all his roles but he's always Tom Hanks at the same time. 

Portlandia is a fantastic series, one worth revisiting over and over again. Here is one of my favorite all-time bits from that show, the B-52's Box Set.  What makes this particularly hilarious to me is the number of people I know who are EXACTLY like this. 


And the B-52's showing top is a nice touch.

Also tonight an interesting history of the Grand Teton National Park, and how it came into existence even though the people of Wyoming fought hard to stop it...until one day they just didn't anymore. National Parks Diaries has the story.  


And last tonight is another great clip from ZeFrank and True Facts - Fish That Suck! 


COVID Is not done, and it is starting to come back with force. BE CAREFUL! Make sure you are masked in really crowded places and at airports, and make sure you are vaccinated.

I want you safe.

Have a great weekend everyone! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).