Friday, May 19, 2023

The Friday Link for 5/19/23

This week I have 5 (FIVE!!!) videos for you to enjoy! 

We'll start with the return of Randy Rainbow and his take on the new fascist MAGA jerk on the scene, DeSantis, with his parody song "Welcome to DeSantis!"

Next is a trio of videos from a YouTube Channel called The Trek Planner. After last year's trip to the western parks, and realizing how much uninhabited space there is in the West, I've come a little bit obsessed with the idea of going out and explore these areas.

The process these explorers take is to scour Google Maps, find an interesting geological feature that looks man-made in the middle of the desert, and then find it in person to try to determine what it is.  All three of these videos involve ancient Native American sites, just more proof the Native Americans were freaking amazing! 

I do love how these videos are about just visiting, NOT taking souvenirs. They leave the pottery pieces they find and let the next group of hikers enjoy them too. It really makes me want to go back out to the West and go explore on my own. 




And finally tonight, a video that sounds like the opening to a joke: 'Did you ever hear about the time when there were three Popes?'  That actually happened, where there were three competing Popes at the same time. Ted-Ed has this informative and quick video! 


Have a wonderful weekend! Stay safe and stay healthy! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).