Friday, May 14, 2021

The Friday Link for 5/14/21

We start off the Friday Link this week with a fond memory.  

On the radio show today I recalled the old Poodle Club in south Minneapolis.  It was where we would go hang out when I went to Brown Radio School, which at that time was down on Lake Street.  Although much more of an adult establishment, it got me recollecting on other lost places from my past.

I remember (vaguely) going to Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor as a kid to celebrate my birthday.  I'm pretty sure it was over by Southdale, but I couldn't find any franchise information about the location over there.  It was a throwback ice cream parlor which featured the Mount Everest of ice cream treats for a kid, The Zoo.  It had a bunch of cool plastic animals and pretty much every ice cream and topping they had. 

When I saw this piece on You Tube from Life in America, I distinctly remember being in the restaurant at some point.  I also remember the piano playing ragtime music.  Fond memories of the history we've lost.


Also this week, I've enjoyed watching GenZ and the Millennials go to war. The two distinct cultural groups decided to tear into each other, and myself being in Generation X, it's delicious. Millennials have gotten a shot or two in, but the hard truth is they will always be older than GenZ, and GenZ will really enjoy telling them that.

This is a bash on Millennials, but I thought it was good fun.  And sadly (from my personal experience), not too far from he truth.


Finally a great bit from Late Night with Seth Meyers.  A look into the Chauvin Trial Jury deliberations.  I would have definitely been in the 'Super Guilty' camp.


Get vaccinated, stay healthy and stay safe.

Have a great weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).