Friday, January 22, 2021

The Friday Link for 1/22/21

Howdy all!  For today's Friday Link I want to revisit the music of the Inauguration.

I know Trump fans will immediately turn away, but I want to make a plea.  These songs are ours as a nation, not belonging to any political party or movement.  I've heard these songs plenty of times at concerts where opinions I don't agree with were the focus.  It doesn't mean I stormed out. 

These songs were preformed beautifully.  Please give them a chance.

Lady Gaga was absolutely perfect singing the Star Spangled Banner. Seriously, she's the best pop vocalist of her generation, hands down!  And when she turned to the flag at the line "was still there," after terrorists stormed the same Capitol only two weeks earlier, that was powerful.


Jennifer Lopez was amazing too. This Land is Your Land is as relevant and poignant today as it was when Woody Guthrie wrote it 80 years ago.


And the final main act at the Inauguration itself was Garth Brooks, who seemed to fan boy after he got done singing and had to shake hands with every major political leader on the stage that day. 


And of course I can't overlook Katy Perry's Fireworks at the end.  I liked how the Inauguration seemed far more relatable and viewer friendly than in years past, due to the limitations with the pandemic.  Because of the set up, this performance was wonderfully staged.  And the fireworks! WOW! 


We, as a country, clean up nice.  Have a great weekend everyone.

Stay safe, and stay healthy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).