Monday, September 2, 2019

State Fair 2019!

Here is my recap of the Minnesota State Fair for 2019.  I went out on Friday and it was glorious!


I am going to post the seed art competition here, but I will post the State Fair Fine Art entries I liked in a separate post.


First tings first, It was Pronto Pup time. Keep your grimy corn dog hands away from me!



It was PACKED! They broke the record on Monday.


I went to the Minnesota DFL booth to see who was winning the bean survey of Democratic candidates in Minnesota.  That would be Elizabeth Warren mopping the floor with everyone else, including local favorite Amy Klobuchar.


The horticulture building went purple for Prince.


I love the Ferris Wheel on the north side up on Machinery Hill.


Corn! 




Cow!  You know they must be from the city because of their nose piercing...


The lumberjack competition.


Some of the glass arts entrees.



Seed Art is always great.  Here was the big winner.


The other entries:










In the Eco building, Paul Bunyan looks high AF...



More food.  The deep fried pickles.


And even though I could not get a chocolate mint malt, I did get a chocolate caramel one.  It was tasty!  


Love the live music.  These guys were good!


Big gopher!


Bow down to our great cow overlords!



After a long day, the sun started to set.



One last stop before we headed out.  THIS is the best food to eat at the fair.  The gyros here, at the stand next to the Fox 9 stage and across from the carousel, are the best.  Hands down my favorite thing.  I also get some to go as I eat them over the next few days.


A sensational visit this year.  See you again next year!




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).