Friday, July 6, 2018

The Friday Link for 7/6/18

Howdy!  I hope you've had a great Independence Day week.  If you're like me, you have no idea what day it really is...Tuesday?...

Who am I kidding, of course it's Friday and with it our weekly trip to fun town!  Three completely unrelated videos for you this week.

First up, Fergie.  The singer tried her best to forever ruin the National Anthem with a bizarre version at the NBA All Star Game earlier this year.  It was even worse than Trump's versions.  Thanks to the Bad Lip Reading folks, we now have a version we can all appreciate.



Second up, a brilliant surveillance video from a convenience store robbery in Canada.  The images alone are great, but someone took Benny Hill's 'Yakkity Sax' and turned it into one of the best videos of the year.  That fall had to hurt.



Finally tonight, music!; Actually one of the most important underrated bands in my life, and (in my opinion) in all of music.  An amazing friend of mine, Peter Haugen, handed me a 'must listen' cassette and officially introduced me to Agent Orange in 1984.  I still love them, especially their 1981 masterpiece, "Living In Darkness."  It's only 30 minutes, but it changed my world.  Still the best versions of Pipeline and Miserlou ever.  How many alternative bands of the 80's and 90's were sprouted from their sound?

Earlier this week, XMU was playing Bloodstains and I decided I was going to include the entire album in this week's link.  Enjoy, but I will not take offense if it isn't exactly your cup of tea.



They'll be at the Turf Club on August 4th.  See you there.  Have a great weekend everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).