Friday, May 15, 2020

The Friday Link for 5/15/20

Well I failed at posting anything this week.  I could tell you I didn't get anything written this week because I was busy (I was), or that I was exhausted (I was), or that I had other commitments (I did).

The truth is every time I started to write, I got sad.

Trust me, I've started to write numerous posts about the insanity which is the conservative mentality towards Corona Virus, but I get one or two words into it, realize how depressing this whole mess is, and I have to stop.

I took some really nice photos at the Arboretum today with the kids.  I'll post them tomorrow.

For this weeks Friday Link, let's talk about great movie scenes.  With more home based evenings, I've been watching more movies and here are some classic scenes which (in my opinion) make some movies just classics.

A warning:  I don't want to have anyone get upset with me about spoilers.  You click on the link, you are choosing to watch the scene.  If you want a spoiler free Friday Link, then go watch the movies and then come back.

First up a classic scene with Dudley Moore from Arthur.  The Moose scene.  This won't ruin the movie for you, but it is an all time classic movie scene.



Next up is a shockingly good scene from a movie I've watched repeatedly, and not just because I love baseball.  Moneyball is about finding a way to win without superstar players, and Brad Pitt's Billy Beane coming to grips with his career not being what he though it would be.  In this scene, Pitt and a wonderful Brent Jennings visit Chris Pratt, and surprise him.



Finally, and this scene will give away a lot, so if you want to watch Silver Linings Playbook without having it spoiled, then go watch it.

This is the dance competition scene at the end.  You have to watch the whole movie be able to put it into context but the reactions are brilliant, and Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper dance their cabooses off.  When you get two very unlikeable characters and are rooting for them in the end, a lot of things have gone right with the movie.

The language is quite rough too.   You've been warned.




Have a great weekend everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).