Friday, October 6, 2017

The Friday Link for 10/6/17

A salute to Stephen Colbert, as he helped make an astounding amount of money for Puerto Rico.  Puerto Rico was nearly scoured off the globe by Hurricane Maria.  As I type this, 50% of the island still has no drinking water and only 9.2% of the island has electricity.  Unlike Trump, many people have stepped up and are trying to help.

Colbert teamed up with Nick Kroll and others for the #PuberMe fundraiser for Puerto Rico.  Here's the final announcement of what they raised, with guest Lin-Manuel Miranda.



Here's the list of celebrities who played a role in #PuberMe.  Emmy Rossum is every girl I dreamed of asking out in my teen years.



Help Puerto Rico with Lin-Manuel Miranda's 'For Puerto Rico, Por Puerto Rico' music campaign, featuring my favorite, Dessa:  https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWVJYaFlGP5hP?si=c1mrxq3l

And here's the link for the Saint Paul Foundation's Page Minnesota Senator Melisa Franzen shared with us:  https://givemn.org/fundraiser/el-fundo-boricuas-hurricane-relief-59c285597a757

Thanks.  Pray for Puerto Rico; donate if you can.  Have a great weekend.

M



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).