Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Week 36 Dies a Pointless Death!

Funny story!

The process I have to make Trump Lists is as follows:  Monday through Friday, 3-5 times a day and on Saturday and Sunday 2-3 times a day, I check multiple news sources to compile the list of weekly Trump bullet points.  The stories I include are added as the week goes on, and they're saved after every update I do.  On Sunday evening, I call it a week, create a new entry for the next week's Trump List, and begin to edit the previous list down, fixing the insane amount of spelling and grammatical errors, and then adding fun photos and gifs to punctuate the list.  I usually have it all finished by Monday evening.  It takes me around 30 hours of time, per week, to finish a Trump List.

Blogger has a fun and exciting feature I discovered last night!  It seems that regardless of how many times you save an unpublished blog draft, say 100 times during a week, the blog piece is never REALLY saved until the blog piece is actually published to the blog.  I KNOW!  How helpful...

Last night, I decided to do an update on Trump List Week 37, before finishing up Trump List Week 36.  I'd already finished 2/3rds of 36's images and knew I could finish knocking it out in about an hour.  While working on Trump List Week 37, I realized I needed one of the phrases I use repeatedly on the blog, in this case:

"First Daughter and White House staffer doing...something(?) Ivanka Trump"

I knew I had it on Trump List Week 36 in multiple places, so I reopened that draft, copied the line, the blog stated all unsaved changes will be lost, I said "I've saved it over 100 times so I'm good," left Trump List Week 36, reopened the draft of Week 37, and successfully pasted the above line to Week 37's draft.  I worked for about a half hour on 37, saved and closed it, and went to finish up Week 36.  To my utter shock, Week 36 no longer existed.  In it's place was a new version of Week 37's draft, but only updated to the point a half hour earlier, when I pasted the above line to 37's draft.


I never copied and pasted 37 on top of 36.  I wouldn't have done that, especially after I'd worked so hard on 36.  After about an hour, when I realized, no matter my efforts, 36 was gone, I tried to figure out what the hell happened.  It's then I discovered I wasn't the only blogger caught up by Blogger's quirky save rule, where no matter how many times you save a draft, it's not REALLY saved until it's published.  I'm guessing some needle neck, jackass tech guy, WAY overthinking how to be hip and cool, thought saving drafts only encourages thoughtful well edited pieces, and 'we don't want that!'

Seriously Blogger, that's the dumbest damn thing I've ever seen.  'Save' should mean 'save,' not 'It might be saved.'

Week 36 was SO FREAKING GOOD TOO! Here's a sample of what I remember:

  • The stunningly horrible Trump UN Speech which included insults to foreign leaders, threats to other countries, horribly misplaced jokes, and guarantees of likely invasion of Venezuela.  It also featured White House Chief of Staff General John Kelly reacting to the speech in face palm mode
  • Trump made up a fake African country, Nambia, while addressing the leaders of the African nations.  This would be like someone coming to talk to the United States Governors and extensively referencing the state of 'East Dakota'
  • The admission former Trump Campaign Chairman Paul Manafort has been under FISA court surveillance since 2014, including throughout the election itself.  He apparently was offering updates on the Trump campaign to Kremlin associates, and even though the GOP insisted this validated Trump's 'Obama wiretapped Trump Tower' claim (which it didn't), the White House seemed to be bragging about one of their inner circle guys being surveilled under legal warrants for over two years
  • Watching Trump and the Republicans implode on Trumpacare, once again, as their promises of better coverage at a cheaper price are pretty much exposed as outright lies
  • Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke deciding to get the Department of the Interior more in touch with nature by putting a 'Big Buck Hunter' video game in the cafeteria...you know, for nature!
  • Trump's insane rally in Alabama on Friday night which not only included his now imfamous 'Son of a B*tch' comment directed at African American Football players, but him insisting the media won't ever show a picture of the crowds at his rallies as CNN is actually showing a split screen of the crowd at his rally
  • Colin Kaepernick's mom, Teresa Kaepernick, giving Trump a crotch punch with the comeback, "I guess that makes me a proud B*tch"
  • Trump picking a fight with the NBA, by throwing a temper tantrum after watching a Fox & Friends story on how Stephen Curry didn't really want to go meet Trump, and un-inviting the champion Golden State Warriors to the White House.  The best response, of the many, came from Chicago Bull Robin Lopez, who responded "It's ok @Warriors. In a few months @realDonaldTrump probably won't be able to visit the White House either."  UP HIGH, DOWN HARD!
  • First Daughter and White House staffer doing...something(?) Ivanka Trump hiding behind her White House position to prevent from being held accountable for CLEARLY stealing another fashion designers shoe design to try to sell it as her own creation within her fashion line.  The lawsuit is slated for next year but she's saying she should be immune because of daddy
  • Once again, Trump is trying to force private businesses (the NFL teams), and an entire American industry (American Football athletics) to force their employees to forgo their rights as American citizens (Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Protest) just so he can brag about a fake patriotism standard Trump himself has created.  This is VERY similar to what evil dictators have done for the last 100 years.  It's noted the Confederate Flag, a popular motif for Trump's supporters, something Trump has actually said needs to be honored, is EXTREMELY anti-National Anthem and Anti-US Flag, and below is a photo, one of many I could produce, of Trump's own supports 'respecting the flag'
  • Trump is actually encouraging a financial boycott of an American industry (the NFL/American Professional Football) under a fake patriotism standard.  I can't ever remember any other president ever encouraging the American people to boycott an American industry, like Silicon Valley, online retail, big oil, or big box store retail, even though they could've created just as fake of patriotism standard as Trump has, to vilify said industries
  • Trump is fixating his narcissistic aggression on American sports leagues while the US territories of Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands have been devastated by Hurricane Maria.  The territories have been left utterly ruined, with no power, water, medicine or food. Trump has remained completely silent on the crisis
But the best entry of the week, where an informative story was matched perfect with an image seemingly custom made for the story:
  • Famed Primatologist and Anthropologist Jane Goodall compared Trump to a chimp.  She pointed out the similarities to Trump and how chimps, when competing for dominance, show a lot of bluster, swagger and intimidation to get to the top.  She implied the difference between chimps and Trump is when they achieve power, chimps will use their brain to form alliances to maintain power, while the ones only displaying swagger usually don't last long.  #ApeSmack
Dang it.  I will ensure this doesn't happen again.  Blogger, stop thinking too hard.  'Save' should mean 'Save!'  

On the good side, the money I would've used to promote the piece on social media will instead be given to aide efforts for the devastated island of Puerto Rico.  I encourage everyone to give if they can.


............GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR........






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).