Friday, September 23, 2016

The Friday Link for 9/23/16

Travel!  It can be the worst part of any business career.  If you don't travel for work, it might seem as if it's romantic and exciting.  It's not, well at least the getting to and fro part isn't.  Sure it's interesting at times, but airports, hotels, eating out, having to work in a strange town...it gets old very quick.

Even the people I know who have fun travel jobs says it wears on them.  People I know in the fashion industry or who are event coordinators (setting up parties, meetings and conventions across the globe), they get wined and dined, but they usually can't wait to get home, especially when it means a long respite from the travel.

Once, when I was in the military, I was upgraded to first class on Lufthansa.  In the US, if they over book the flight, they basically tell you you're out of luck.  The German ticket executive couldn't apologize enough for the misunderstanding.  That was the nicest flight I've ever had.  I had a grilled steak for my meal.  They cooked it right there for me.  Trust me, it took away the sting of the travel experience.

This weeks Friday Link goes with a similar situation, although this guy hit the gold standard for upgrades.  Casey Neistat is a You Tube personality, filmmaker, co-founder of social media company Beme, and is a co-creator of the HBO series, The Neistat Brothers.  He also travels the world taking photos and working with video equipment.  On a flight from Dubai to New York, he got one of the more impressive upgrades ever, a $21,000 first class airplane seat!  Thank goodness he had some cameras so the rest of us can see what we're missing.  The windows are very cool, but the privacy door...that's just awesome. Watch and see:




It's amazing how the wealthy live.  If I had the money to fly like this all the time, I'm not sure if I would.  It seems like people are trying to create ways to take people's money, and the only thing they give back in return is the ability to brag.  Then again, it does look VERY nice.  I guarantee I'd never take a flight like this for granted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).