Friday, March 18, 2016

The Friday Link for 3/18/16

I have been addicted to the TV channel Buzzr.  It's one of the Hubbard contingent, but as opposed to airing classic television shows, it airs classic game shows, and I do love them.  For you tonight, three of my favorite classic game show moments.

First off, Tattle Tales!  Bert Convey hosted a show where couples, most of them married, would have to get the answers to questions their spouses were asked.  In later episodes, it lost some of it's luster, but in the mid-70's, it was pure gold, oozing with a fun Hollywood vibe which made it seem like Los Angeles was still a small city in California, and these were people you were having over for some cocktails.  The saddest part of this show is realizing most of the couples are either gone, or long divorced.  Funny bit here from an April Fool's Day episode.



Next up, what I think was the greatest game show ever, Match Game.  Here is a fun question where the entire cast is outright hilarious.  I also had an epiphany watching this; I had a HUGE crush on Fannie Flagg.  She was hot!  Warning, use of 1970's words for breasts, but every classic Match Game person was on this one.  It won't post for some reason, so please click on the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kRs7F2bJgo




Finally, the greatest win in Pyramid history (in my opinion).  The clues on this are great.


Have a great weekend everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).