Friday, December 4, 2015

The Friday Link for 12/4/15

Terribly busy tonight!  I have been running all day.

You know why?  For some reason, my kids were off school today.  I love teachers, they're a blessing, but I have to admit I'm scratching my head with this being an off day.  They just had three days last week, and whereas I understand they shouldn't be working on Thanksgiving or the day after, having another off day the following week, after Thursday being a late start, and when they're taking two weeks off at the end of the month, seems...odd.

Anyway, comedy is needed in this day and age, and John Oliver delivers.  He just wrapped up his second season of Last Week Tonight, and it was brilliant.  He is one of the only media people at all doing investigative journalism anymore.  His main segments are hard hitting, and relevant.  He asks questions we all should be asking.

One of my favorites from last season was the stadium one.  This was of particular interest for me with the new Vikings monstrosity on the east side of the downtown.  A reminder, the new stadium will end up costing us around 2 Billion!  Enjoy, if you can.  I have to go.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).