Friday, October 23, 2015

The Friday Link for 10/23/15

I survived...

It's late but I have to do what I have to do!  With us getting towards the end of the month of October, I thought some Halloween based videos would be right.

The first is a great video from Ellen.  Ellen Degeneres is an amazing talk show host.  I find myself watching parts of it every week.  She's has some of the funniest moments of any talk show, day or night, but this one takes the cake.  It's from last year.  She sends her producer Andy and his assistant Jacqueline into a pretty scary haunted house and the results are a riot.  I love how he is "helping" his assistant get through the scares.



The second video for a Friday is from Disney; old Disney.  First a warning about old Disney, they had some real racist stuff in some of those early cartoons.  Really ugly stuff too.  I've watched this and I didn't see any racism, but if I did miss something let me know and I'll pull it down immediately.  I can't stand racism.

This cartoon, The Skeleton Dance was great for three reasons.  First, you can tell they are using some fairly new techniques (for 1929) with the animation, namely when the four skeletons are dancing against the background.  I imagine this was one of the first instances of that.  Second is this is a cartoon not made for kids.  Sure kids could watch it, but in 1929, the audience was mainly adults. And thirdly, there are some very cool artistic images in this video.  Enjoy on a Friday late night!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).